(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical Technologist – Blood Bank – Full-time Blood Bank Technologist needed at a top facility in Washington!
Third shift position. Must have blood banking| transfusion services experience.
– Perform immunohematological procedures under routine and emergency protocols for the purpose of antibody detection, compatibility testing, simple antibody identification, and investigation of transfusion reactions, prediction|detection of Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn, identification of RhIG candidates and other diagnostic testing.
– Understand special protocols for blood orders including Pediatrics, Open Heart surgery, Liver Transplantation, ECMO, HSCT and other special transfusion protocols. Process transfusion instructions from transplant programs.
– Issue blood components via electronic cross-match and remote release via the Hemosafe (at applicable sites).
– Recognize when advanced Immunohematology Reference Lab (IRL) workups are required and route patient samples to IRL appropriately.
– Report results of tests performed to physicians, other health care professionals, and institutions.
– Perform cross-match testing and process orders during computer down by accessing a downtime database and utilizing manual testing records and manual transfusion reports.
– Maintain annual competency in computer down, downtime database and emergency preparedness SOPs.
– Participate in quality activities, including the development and monitoring of quality indicators.
* Must qualify as Testing Personnel, High Complexity Testing, under CLIA personnel requirements found in Subpart M of the Code of Federal Regulations. This typically requires a Bachelors degree in clinical laboratory science or chemical, physical or biological sciences. This may also include an Associate of Science degree in Medical Laboratory Technology program.
* Certification as Blood Bank Technologist (BB-ASCP), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS-ASCP), or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT-ASCP) or equivalent.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org