(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Computed Tomography (CT) – Full-time CT Technologist needed at a top facility in New York!
Day shift with on-call
Job Summary: Perform and optimize diagnostic x-ray and CT scans using ALARA principles. The primary responsibility is the production of high-quality diagnostic radiology and CT examinations for an accurate diagnosis. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must promote quality patient care.
* Education – Requires formal training and graduation in radiology technology of AMA approved program. Must obtain ARRT within 6 months of graduation.
* Experience – Minimum of three to four years of radiologic experience or two years of general radiography experience and two years of CT experience.
* Knowledge|Skills|Abilities – Able to multitask and work under pressure. Excellent communication, documentation and critical thinking skills are a must. Ability to prioritize patient workload and be a self-starter. Ability to recognize and assist in treating contrast reactions. Excellent IV placement skills. Detail oriented. Proficient in diagnostic radiology and computer skills- PACS, RIS and post processing images. Accommodate change professionally. Be available to take call as needed (if position includes call)
* Physical Requirements – Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
* Licenses|Certifications – Current NYS DOH Diagnostic Radiography license. Hold ARRT registration in Radiography. Must obtain advanced level certification for CT within one year. Must obtain certification for contrast injection within 6 months.
-Maintains equipment for proper diagnostic imaging.
-Sets up and determines|chooses protocols dependent on the exam and the patient. Consults with radiologist if necessary.
-Accepts patients and verifies correct preparation for exam ordered|explains procedure to patient.
-Administers contrast as required by exam ordered.
-Reports equipment issues to supervisor and calls in service as necessary.
-Quality controls all images, maintains inventory and adheres to safety regulations|ALARA.
-Must be available for on-call status, as needed after normal working hours.
-Relies on extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology to obtain the maximum diagnostic image corresponding to the body part being imaged without repeated exposure.
-Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his|her responsibilities related to general safety, department|service safety, and specific job related hazards.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org