(Physician/MD qualifications required) Anatomic and Clinical Pathology – Full-time Cytopathologist needed ta a top facility in New York!
– Examines and interprets prepared tissue sections and body fluids and secretions by using a variety of microscope techniques, including light microscopy, electron microscopy and fluorescence microscopy.
– Diagnoses from body tissue, fluids, secretions or other specimens the presence and stage of disease or other abnormalities, utilizing laboratory techniques and dictates findings.
– Identifies the etiology, pathogenesis, morphological change, and clinical significance of diseases.
– Consults with referring physicians about ordering and interpreting tests or providing treatments.
– Provides diagnostic information to the treating|referring physician in the form of a written pathology report.
– Participates in proficiency testing programs and intradepartmental meetings to establish measures to ensure and improve accuracy of diagnoses and quality of care.
– Participates in professional organizations, conferences and seminars to keep abreast of developments in pathology.
– Completion of an approved four year residency in anatomic and|or clinical pathology; and certified in anatomic pathology by the American Board of Pathology or the American Osteopathic Board of Pathology or possess qualifications that are equivalent to those required for such certification; or certified by the American Society of Cytology to practice cytopathology or possess qualifications that are equivalent to those required for such certification.
– Successful completion of a pre-employment visual color discrimination test.
– Complies with Board of Medicine on annual continuing medical education requirements.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com