(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical Technologist – Cytology – (Reference Code: JAW1003)
Brand new opening for a Cytotechnologist at a complex Anatomic Pathology Lab located just outside of the NYC Burroughs. The organization is looking for a Cytotechnologist who is licensed in NY, has their ASCP Certification and at least 1 year of experience.
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Under the general supervision of the Cytology Supervisor and the Chief of Cytopathology, accurately screens and interprets non-gynecological smears and FNAs while observing all company procedures, policies, and standards. This specialized cytopathology service offers a unique opportunity and experience for any enthusiastic cytotechnologist who wants to broaden their diagnostic skills beyond GYN cytology. The individual will also be involved with outcome correlation data between morphology, next generation sequencing and surgical pathology results with an opportunity to publish and present findings at national meetings.
– Perform accurate screening and interpretation of non-gynecological FNA and fluid specimens
– Check each slide for labeling accuracy to help insure clinician receives correct results. Errors must be documented and reported to appropriate personnel for correction.
– Review each slide to check overall quality of preparation such as staining intensity and quality, proper cover slipping, and stain artifacts to help insure diagnostic accuracy
– Review and confirm that all patient information was accurately input into computer system to help insure clinician receives accurate results. Errors must be documented and reported to appropriate personnel for correction.
– Preparation and review of cytology diagnostic reports (including capturing photomicrographs and input of diagnostic codes) into laboratory computer system ensuring for accuracy of results for pathologist review
Compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to the cytology laboratory:
– Understanding and adherence to all regulatory and licensing requirements
– Participation in proficiency testing events
– Adherence to and documentation of workload requirements
– Maintenance of accurate workload records and follow up information
– Attendance at in-house Continuing Education meetings including consensus conferencing
– Acquire a minimum of 24 hours of Continuing Education every year
Apply now for to be considered or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!