As part of a dynamic team working at a community healthcare practice providing comprehensive and compassionate care to underserved communities, the Dental Assistant will play a critical role in the seamless execution of dental services by increasing patient flow and productivity. The Dental Assistant will work to decrease the workload of the individual provider/dentist to support the overall goal of providing quality dental care. This is a Temp to Perm position. The hourly wage is $23/hour
· Under the direct supervision of the Dentist and/or Hygienist, assist during patient exam(s) and treatment(s) chairside.
· Take digital radiographic images at the direction of a dental provider.
· Responsible for ensuring that the images are stored in the appropriate digital file.
· Prepare operatory for dental treatment by arranging dental instruments, materials and medications.
· Prepare restorative materials and dental procedures.
· Keep oral operating areas clear during treatment.
· Sterilize instruments using autoclave and chemical disinfectants, maintain equipment.
· Assist in laboratory procedures as directed by the Dentist.
· Clean operatory areas units, chairs, cabinets, and counters as needed. Adhere to infection control and OSHA policies.
· Provide patient information and education as directed.
· Work collaboratively with other Health Center staff in meeting JCAHO accreditation and other regulatory and/or funding requirements.
· Perform general cleanup of lab areas and radiological equipment.
· Maintain inventory of materials used and order supplies in conjunction with the Dental Director, in absence of Senior Dental Assistant.
· Perform reception duties in the absence of the receptionist.
· Assist in the training of new staff members.
· May perform other services as deemed necessary by the Dentist and/or Hygienist.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, TRAITS
· Graduate of High School required with at least one year of work experience.
· Must possess and maintain current Dental Assistant License from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
· Radiograph certification required within a year
· Basic knowledge of dental terminology and procedures preferred.
· Must be familiar with the proper handling and storage of digital sensors.
· Familiarity with dental/medical office routine helpful.
· Experience in diverse culture preferred.
· · Must be willing to work fulltime and Saturdays are mandatory