(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical Technologist – Histology – Full-time Histotechnician needed at a top facility in New York!
Currently looking to hire a full-time Histotechnician to work Monday-Friday 2pm-10:30pm
The Histotechnician is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all testing run under his|her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material; and performing accurately tissue sections for pathological interpretation in a timely manner.
– Ensure that all testing performed under his|her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
– Ensure that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie. Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and proper technique followed.)
– Embed tissue specimen early morning using best technique possible to make sure that tissue is properly oriented onto the block.
– Cut paraffin blocks meeting section protocol according to tissue site.
– Assist with special stains and tissue control slides for special stains and immunhistochemistry.
– Change and|or rotate reagents on tissue processors, Leica stainer as needed, with daily QC.
– Record daily Quality Control of all instruments used in job description, maintaining proper documentation of record temperatures, instruments cleaning, and troubleshooting.
– Investigate and resolve problems; inform laboratory manager of any and all serious problems.
– File Surgical Blocks daily.
– Maintain Distilled Water System QC and in working condition at all times.
– Assist with accessioning as needed.
– Maintain in working order Cassette and Slide printers (Leica)
– Discard Surgical Specimens weekly, with formalin neutralization.
– Maintain control of Xylene waste removal with proper follow up.
– Responsible for receiving and keeping track of all laboratory supplies and letting the Manager know when orders need to be follow up with vendors.
– Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal|State inspections as directed by the Manager.Required Qualifications:
* HT degree or equivalent Certification as a lab technologist under CLIA
* Certified Histological Technician NY State license
* Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the laboratory
* Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion
* Strong customer service skills are necessary to deal courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the public
* Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot independently
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com