(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical Technologist – Histology – Full-time IHC Technologist needed!
Histotechnician IHC: 3:00pm-11:30pm (Monday thru Friday)
Position Summary: Under the general direction and supervision of Senior Histology Laboratory personnel, the IHC Histotechnician will effectively apply a general working knowledge and skill of designated related duties and tasks, in support of the Department as a whole, to complete the daily assigned Histology workload.
Must possess a thorough working knowledge of the IHC staining procedures, Histochemical staining procedure and routine Histology procedures sufficient to accomplish the following:
– Perform routine preventive maintenance procedures.
– Perform antibody and equipment validations
– Operation automated IHC stainer and cover slipper(s)
– Troubleshoot quality issues
– Create and or monitor essential documents through the daily operation
– Exchange instrument specific reagents at designated intervals.
– Timely completion of instrument specific QC documentation when applicable.
– Daily maintenance of Lab and instrumentation in all aspects.
– Proper handling and disposal of chemical waste.
– Immediate notification to supervisory personnel of malfunctioning instrumentation.
– QC|QA of all antibodies.
– Timely distribution of completed patient materials to assigned pathologists.
– Immediate notification of existing and|or potential problems to the proper authority
– Assist supervisor with day-to-day administration of Histology Laboratory duties including compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to histology
– Adhere to workload requirements, including QA, Microtomy, Staining
– Maintain accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Temperature Logs, etc.)
– Assist product line leaders with responding to questions and problems.
– Evaluate new equipment and procedures.
– Review slides for overall quality of preparation such as staining intensity, proper cover slipping and stain artifacts to help insure accurate diagnosis.
Bachelors degree in science
5+ years of experience in QIHC
NY State license Laboratory Technologist
HT|HTL ASCP certification
Knowledge of IHC Special Stains
Knowledge of screening|QC IHC stains
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.