(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Laboratory Management/Supervisor – Full-time Blood Bank Supervisor needed at a top facility in Georgia!
Currently looking to hire day shift supervisor with significant and extensive blood banking and transfusion service experience. SBB certification and customer (hospital, MD) facing experience preferred.
Responsible for the daily operations and technical support of the Laboratory. Coordinate testing with patient|customer requirements and medical priorities. Supervise staff performing basic and advanced test procedures and interpreting complex test results to determine donor|recipient compatibility. Advise technologists in resolving compatibility problems, providing reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion facilities and in supplying antigen-negative units to transfusion recipients. Providing complex reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion services. Demonstrate excellent customer service, interpersonal skills and positive professional image. Assure compliance with safety policies and procedures in the work area. Assume responsibility for the laboratories compliance with standard operating procedures and interpretation of test results in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements.
– Effectively consult and communicate with hospitals and transfusion facilities to resolve serological problems and supply antigen-negative or special units to transfusion recipients. Manage customer service to ensure customer needs are met and understood. Build relationships with current and potential customers.
– Responsible for the supervision of the laboratory staff including, but not limited to, blood bank technical support hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and disciplining to ensure a well-qualified team and to enhance operational success. In conjunction with the Medical Director, provide guidance to ensure appropriate patient care.
– Assure quality and adequacy of testing, reference and consultation services are maintained.
– May perform and interpret basic and complex donor and|or patient testing procedures and complete required quality control, as appropriate to state and federal regulations. Recognize testing irregularities, identify the cause, determine the solution and resolve the problem.
– Performs all reference laboratory duties and may perform manufacturing duties associated with special blood products, if applicable.
– Perform record review, training and competency assessments. Participate in concern and problem management. Provide internal and external education. Participate in external and internal inspections|audits and corrective actions.
Extensive background in blood banking and transfusion medicine, as well as advanced serological techniques is preferred. Bachelors degree in a biological or clinical laboratory science AND ASCP certification as a medical technologist (medical laboratory scientist) is preferred, or Blood Bank Technologist related field and SBB (ASCP)|equivalent required. 3-10 years of high complexity blood bank testing experience is preferred, including at least 1 year of supervisory|management experience or training. Effective communication|interpersonal skill and excellent technical skills required. Ideal candidates will have extensive background in blood banking and transfusion medicine, as well as advanced serological techniques with experience communicating to high-level groups about complex test cases.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org