(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical Technologist – Blood Bank – Full-time Lead Medical Technologist in Transfusion Services needed at a top hospital in New York!
based out of our transfusion laboratory in Nyack Hospital. It is a regular full time day shift role with a max salary of 45.12|hr plus any overtime. Posting is linked below
This position is responsible for assisting in the supervision of and overseeing the day-to-day shift activities and workflow in the laboratory. Will perform technical procedures involved in the operation of Transfusion Services.
– Leads and provides feedback to assigned staff, takes on call turns as needed.
– Ensures laboratory SOPs, practices, policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations are followed and where appropriate under cGMP condition.
– Triages and performs patient testing.
– Assures optimal product inventory and is able to place product orders for internal and external requests during shifts.
– Performs complex antibody work-ups and additional laboratory testing.
– Manages blood inventory and reviews hospitals daily reports to determine immediate usage and need.
– Performs type and screen, antibody identification, eluate, and antibody tier.
– Performs or delegates quality control on automated testing instrument, ERYTRA, an automated gel testing analyzer.
– Assigns work based on priority and shift conditions and reviews logs and exception reports on a daily basis.
* Bachelors Degree in Biological Science or MT, and meet NYS Department of Education Licensing requirements for Clinical Lab Technologists.
* Must also have at least 3-6 years experience as a Laboratory Technologist in a leadership capacity, along with familiarity with Hospital HIPPA privacy policies.
* Superior oral|written communication, multitasking, problem solving, and PC skills are all essential.
* ASCP or NCA Certification preferred.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org