NORTHEAST HEALTHCARE RECRUITMENT
Our large community health center is seeking multiple Medical Assistant l’s in Sierra Vista, and Benson, AZ.
Essential Job Duties:
- Identifies patient health care service requirements while being aware of age specific needs and protocols.
patient to exam rooms, obtains and records accurate routine patient
vital signs, prepares patient for examination, and assists in performing
procedures, injections and other treatments as ordered by provider.
- Assists provider in examination of patients and gives instructions as directed by provider.
- Fills out appropriate immunization paperwork for recording purposes.
- Answer’s phone calls and takes messages. Returns patient calls as directed by provider.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between patients and stocks exam rooms.
- Processes referrals, medication refill requests, and coordinates appointments for specific care and diagnostic procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between providers and other care givers.
- Pulls requested charts for messages and documentation.
- Receives reports on patients and delivers them to the appropriate provider.
- Notifies patient of test results when instructed to do so by provider.
- Performs sterilization of instruments and surgical packs in a timely manner.
and maintains records of verbal and written procedures, medication,
delivery of care, and pertinent information regarding patient care
with infection control policies and protocols; follows medication
administration, storage procedures and controlled substance regulations.
operation of medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, reporting
malfunctions, requesting repairs, maintaining equipment inventory, and
evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- When needed, performs lab draws and maintains laboratory documents.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant Certificate, Military Medical Assistant Program, or Grandfather Clause accepted.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Fingerprint clearance card required.
Required Language Skills:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be required based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment.