(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical Technologist – General – Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a top hospital in Idaho!
Currently seeking a MT|MLS|MLT with a minimum of three years of experience as a generalist.
Beautiful Community in the southeast region of Idaho. Skiing, fly-fishing, golf, cycling, hunting, and hiking.
– Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. The following statements are intended to describe the major functions of the position and should not be taken as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals assigned to this job.
– Correctly collects and prepares human samples for analysis. Prepares, stores and transports samples using appropriate methods.
– Correctly and accurately performs a variety of tests in the clinical laboratory, including chemistry, hematology, microbiology culture plating, serology|immunology and blood bank.
– Completes annual competency assessment.
– Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
– Notifies ordering provider, charge nurse and|or patient of all critical lab results.
– Operates, calibrates, conducts performance checks, and maintains clinical laboratory instruments or equipment and documents results.
– Recognizes and corrects basic instrument malfunctions as able, initiates service call when needed.
– Performs and records all quality control procedures required for the tests assayed. Recognizes and responds to unacceptable quality control results. Notifies Laboratory Supervisor of unacceptable results and steps taken to resolve. Documents all corrective actions implemented.
– Observes established safety measures and Standard Precautions. Assists in preparing, reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
– Participates in continuing education.
– Complies with policies, procedures and documentation requirements to meet the standards of accrediting and|or regulatory agencies.
– Consults Laboratory Supervisor and|or Pathologist regarding unusual results.
– Demonstrates professionalism, competency and appropriate demeanor.
– Assumes call responsibilities for nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
– Assists with any other duties as assigned.
* ASCP (The American Society of Clinical Pathology), NCA (National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel) or AMT (American Medical Technologists) certification required or eligible for certification within 3 months of hire date. Or MLT Certification.
* Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
* Good interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families, and all health care professionals and the staff
* Basic knowledge in computer use; including word processing and spreadsheet applications
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to maintain and follow guidelines set for standards of practice in quality patient care, and infection control practices as required by state, federal, and hospital policy|regulation.
* Valid Driver License
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.