(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical Technologist – General – Full-time Medical Technologist| Medical Laboratory Technician needed at a critical access hospital in beautiful New Hampshire!
Four 10 hour shifts (6:30pm to 5:00am)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Perform various chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases. This work is performed in accordance with established protocols, guidelines, standard textbooks and journals, and accreditation guidelines when appropriate.
– Apply techniques used in the disciplines of coagulation, hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, microbiology, transfusion medicine, and serology.
– Achieve accuracy and precision of results inherent in the analytical system assigned.
– Adhere to QC guidelines and utilize sound technical knowledge and judgment in assessing the validity of the test system.
– Accurately record specimen identification information and test results.
– Handle infectious and potentially infectious material in a manner conducive to the protection of self and others.
– Identify unusual, discrepant, or grossly abnormal laboratory results and correlate them with improperly drawn or submitted specimens or with test interferences, and process and report this information appropriately, and within the established time frame.
– Appropriately calibrate, standardize, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory instruments and equipment, and appropriately document, initial, and date procedures performed.
– Communicate with outside service representatives in regard to instrument malfunctions, and follow instructions given for instrument repair.
– Report unresolved problems|instrument malfunctions|follow up action to the Technical Supervisors|Lab Director.
– Ability to work effectively under emergency conditions.
– Adhere to laboratory and hospital wide policies and procedures.
– Work effectively with co-workers by being congenial, courteous and establishing work priorities in order to facilitate efficient reporting in the time frame established by the Lab Director or designee. Organize work according to protocol.
– Organize work so that results taken from the analyzers are readily traceable to the patients to whom they refer.
– Communicate with physicians, hospital staff, lab staff, other area hospital laboratory staff, and reference laboratory staff in order to exchange factual information and results of routine and unusual laboratory tests performed in laboratory medicine. These interactions are to clarify such information, and to obtain information necessary for smooth and consistent work flow.
– Obtain blood samples and prepare them for analysis and distribution; instruct patients in appropriate specimen collection procedures.
– Responsible for receiving specimens and reviewing patient samples and test requisitions.
– Accurate and timely accessioning of patient and testing information into the laboratory information system (LIS) and initial troubleshooting of problems.
* Satisfactory completion of a course of instruction given by a school of Medical Technology approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Associate or who is otherwise recognized as a Medical Laboratory Technician by the strictest of any external agency whose standards may be binding upon this hospital.
* Registration by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or the equivalent is required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.