(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical Technologist – Full-time Quality Control Medical Technologist needed in New York!
Laboratory Technologist II Quality Control
As a key member of our team, you will perform cell and plasma aliquots, cell cultures and PCR assays, while ensuring other technologists perform their activities properly and according to SOPs, and results of controls fall under expected ranges.
– Performing Hematology testing according to laboratory SOPs
– Overseeing technologists and providing assistance and guidance as necessary
– Following all SOPs, practices, procedures and techniques in the laboratory to ensure compliance with cGLP and safety precautions and biohazard waste disposal
– Accessioning in database
– Maintaining integrity and identity of blood specimens
– Shipping, storing and retrieving blood specimens from storage for shipments
– Preparing shipping and receiving lists, packing specimens and labelling packages
– Preparing and cryopreserves cells
– Performing selected tests on blood specimens (DNA extraction, Genetic screening, Cell potency)
– Inoculating culture broths and inserts broths into automated instrument using sterile technique, log culture bottle ids into instrument database
– Performing PCR and real time PCR assays
– Performing hematology and bacterial testing using semi-automated systems
– Entering data into NCBP database
– Participating in in-house Laboratory training programs, as well as instrument-specific and NYBC CGMP training
– Handling other related functions as needed
To qualify, you must have an Associates Degree in Medical Technology or related field, NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License, and 3 years experience in a biomedical laboratory. Knowledge of sterile technique, pipetting, lab labeling and documentation will be expected, as will an understanding of QC procedures, basic PC literacy, and a strong attention to detail.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.