(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Oncology/Chemotherapy – Seeking an experienced Oncology Nurse Practitioner in the suburbs of Seattle, Washington.
Provide nursing care to a designated population of patients. Participate in patient assessment and the formulation, implementation and monitoring of the care plan. The ARNP is an integral member of the Health Care team and has authority to admit or refer patients, prescribe medications and treatments and order tests.
* Demonstrates current technical skills in all areas of practice. Demonstrates consistent and reliable diagnostic and therapeutic judgment. Supports cooperative clinical initiatives. Seeks appropriate and timely consultations. Actively works to continually learn and apply new skills, pathways, etc. Practices according to approved procedures, guidelines, protocols.
* Cooperates and treats co-workers with courtesy and respect. Shares pertinent patient information in a timely and thorough manner. Demonstrates flexibility; works within the team to help as needed. Demonstrates appropriate communication skills, both verbal and listening. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to provide appropriate care. Regularly attends and participates in practice team meetings.
* Treats patients with courtesy and respect. Demonstrates service excellence behaviors in teams and during consumer interactions. Participates in problem solving of consumer complaints. Actively participate in initiatives to increase patient access. Involves patient in management of care; is thorough in explanations and demonstrates caring and friendly attitude toward patients. Fulfills all duties as assigned by chief and department.
* Maintains a productive work schedule; meets department and organizational productivity guidelines. Identifies own learning needs and participates in continuing education programs to meet needs. Initial assessment and management of drop in-patients or patients who call and want to be seen urgently and who have previously been seen in the department. Makes appropriate and timely referrals. Admits to hospital appropriately and manages length of stay if applicable. Referrals to external providers are consistent with protocols.
* Orders lab, pharmacy, radiology, and special tests appropriately. Routinely and appropriately uses technology provided by the organization to manage clinical practice and communicate effectively and in a timely manner (e.g., OACIS, results reporting, registries, Voicemail, Email) Understands the business environment. Actively works to solve problems|improve systems in constructive thorough manner. Focuses on customer needs and quality; actively encourage other to do so as well. Provides positive, constructive leadership for his|her care team and within dept.; enables and encourages others to participate and achieve high level of performance.
* This position is targeted to be a center of excellence. Part of a care team to deliver care to oncology patients which includes initial consults, chemo checks, and triaging.
License, Certification, Registration:
* Current Washington State RN License is required by date of hire|transfer.
* Eligible for Washington State ARNP License by date of hire|transfer.
* National certification in primary or specialty field by date of hire|transfer.
* Communication, problem-solving, leadership, and decision-making skills.
* One (1) year of previous ARNP experience.
*ARNP Oncology experience, preferably as an ARNP but could be RN experience as well. Could have internal med background as well
*AOCNS|OCN certification preferred.
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Competitive compensation and benefits package. $10,000 sign-on bonus.