(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Home Health and/or Hospice – Skilled Nursing and Rehab facility seeking full time, permanent Nursing Supervisor to join their team.
Day and Night positions
Weekend position – work 2 shifts and get paid for 3 shifts
Generous salary package and full benefits
1. Directs, evaluates and supervises the nursing services on his|her assigned unites in order to provide continuity of care 24 hours a day assuring quality resident care.
2. Assesses nursing needs of assigned patients|residents and plans their care. This involves observing and interpreting the residents appearance and behavior observing the residents dependence or independence and formulating a plan of care accordingly. This information is communicated to appropriate staff on the unit and care planning (ICP) meetings. Attend care planning if assigned.
3. Must have knowledge of residents conditions at all times. Observes nursing care is carried out as directed and to ascertain need for additional or modified services.
Acts on observations made to ensure quality of care.
4. Recognize and interpret symptoms, reporting residents conditions and assist with or instituting remedial measures for adverse development including making calls to physician|family and following through with orders received.
5. Is available to accompany the Physician during rounds to answer questions, receive instructions, note residents care requirements and implement care needed.
6. Assist physician with examinations and procedures as necessary.
7. Review lab reports and note|report significant changes or abnormalities for physicians actions with appropriate follow through.
8. Gather information on effectiveness and side effects of medicine and treatments that would aid in deciding whether they should be recorded, changed or discontinued.
9. Shares information with residents and|or their families concerning condition, treatment, medical and nursing regimen, services available and home policy and procedure. Assists in planning for the residents needs after discharge.
Communicates families wishes and concern about treatment to physician.
10. Provides any specialized treatment or procedure to residents needing such service and requiring a professional person. Monitors closely the care of residents requiring special care and treatment by personal observation and inspecting residents charts, nurses notes and other records. Makes recommendation and follow through for needed changes.
11. Sees that duties are assigned to professional and non-professional nursing personnel based on the residents needs, available staff and unit needs, maintains adequate staff for each units needs and inspects unit areas to verify that resident needs and quality care are provided.
12. Determines whether Administrator, D.O.N., and|or Physician needs to be notified of a particular situation, and makes that notification timely.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
2. Possess a license as a registered nurse issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
Education and Licensure.
3. Must have the ability to plan, implement, delegate and supervise the work of others.
4. Must have the ability, personality and communication skills to assume cooperation from other staff.
5. Must be certified in C.P.R.
1. Ability to withstand strenuous physical activity, including constant standing, walking, and lifting residents, as necessary.
2. Good finger|hand dexterity for handling instruments|equipment.
3. Good visual and aural acuity to detect changes in resident conditions.
4. Sincere interest in gerontology.
5. Willingness to be potentially exposed to communicable diseases, as well as hostile, irrational residents.