Eagle Health is looking for a Physical Therapist to support various physician and ancillary healthcare services for Winn Army Community Hospital (WACH), Ft. Stewart, Georgia. Primary work will be in the Physical Therapy Clinic, however, alternate locations on and off the installation to include but not limited to WACH, Hawks Troop Medical Clinic, Tuttle Army Health Clinic, North Troop Medical Clinic and Richmond Hill Patient Centered Medical Home.
The Physical Therapist will provide a high level of day-to-day clinical supervision and control of designated Government employees and will report to a designated Government Representative.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Ensure patient records include sufficient documentation to provide data for use in health maintenance, treatment, and rehabilitation.
• Provide a high level of day-to-day clinical supervision
• Verify the content and correctness of all prepared and transcribed reports by affixing his/her signature.
Documentation of appropriate history, physical examination, required labs and x-ray examinations prior to the performance of any healthcare treatment.
• Perform medical procedures compatible with the medical facility’s operating capacity and equipment.
• Provide and document advice to patients by telephone as appropriate and IAW WACH protocol
• Respond to all emergency codes, including cardiopulmonary arrests, and summon appropriate backup from the clinical and hospital staff. Provide professional advice to staff with regard to the professional management of the patient as necessary.
• Attend local medical and administrative meetings as designated.
• Other duties as assigned by designated supervisor
0 – 10%
• Maintain a professional appearance at all times while providing services; professional attire is uniform/scrubs.
• While providing services, appearance will be neat and clean, well groomed, appropriately attired, and wearing MEDDAC and furnished badges.
• Masters Degree in Physical Therapy OR Baccalaureate degree in Physical Therapy for graduates prior to January 1, 2002.
• Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a physical therapist.
• 1 Year current clinical experience in outpatient orthopedic setting within the last two years, working as a Physical Therapist
• active BLS certifcation
• Must have knowledge of a wide range of professional physical therapy concepts, principles, and methodologies used in the care and treatment of general/acute patients gained through organ systems, neurological and musculoskeletal disorders.
• Maintain certification as a PT.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with all patients and with the Medical Treatment Facility Staff.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Maintain health and immunization requirements.
• Maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be able to get and maintain a Public Trust.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
Location: Winn Army Community Hospital – Ft. Stewart, GA 31314 US (Primary)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
StreetWinn Army Community Hospita