(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical/Oncology- Staff RN – Full-time Oncology Registered Nurse needed at a top facility in Maryland!
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Adherence to the credentialing requirements as stated in the nursing bylaws.
* Licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
* BLS American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification.
* At least 1 year of experience in the specialty area in a hospital setting.
– Demonstrates clinical nursing knowledge and skill in the specialization of the unit.
– Demonstrates the ability to apply the nursing process effectively in the care of culturally diverse patients and families.
– Demonstrates the ability to utilize all applicable laws, policies, standards, guidelines and evidence-based practice in the provision of patient|family care.
– Consistently and thoroughly assesses patients to collect data and identify learning needs according to established standards and policies.
– Utilizes a systematic, continuous and complete analysis of assessment data to develop individualized problem lists for assigned patients.
– Develops and individualizes a plan of care for each patient in accordance with established standards, appropriate prioritization of problems|needs, and mutually agreed upon goals.
– Efficiently implements the patients plan of care in accordance with applicable standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
– Demonstrates proficiency in medication administration, pain management and other unit or initiative specific skills.
– Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the plan(s) of care, making revisions and recommendations based on analysis of patient responses to interventions.
– Demonstrates the ability to assess the patients|familys learning needs, readiness to learn, learning style, and presence of barriers to learning.
– Demonstrates the ability to develop, implement and evaluate teaching plans for patient populations in unit specialty in accordance with applicable standards.
– Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of growth and development across the life span to the care of patients.
– Provides direct patient care to patients and families in a culturally, developmentally and ethically appropriate manner.
– Plans of care address the physical, psychosocial, spiritual and learning needs of the patient|family.
– Participates in QI, CPI and risk management activities at the unit, department or organizational level.
– Demonstrates the ability to effectively perform and improve all processes in order to achieve excellence with regard to quality standards and benchmarks.
– Supports the use of evidence based guidelines and organizational policies and procedures to promote safe patient care and a safe practice environment.
– Participates in unit shared governance according to departmental standards.
– Participates in the education and orientation of new staff.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org