(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Adult Critical Care/ICU-RN – ICU RN – Night Shift
Location: Eugene, OR
Candidate must have at least 18 months of recent ICU experience
Competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation available.
In this position, candidate provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. Management of ventriculostomy, EVD, and ICP. Nursing care of patients with non-traumatic ICH, non-traumatic SAH, seizures. Nursing care of patients post tPA, thrombectomy, aneurysm coiling, carotid artery stenting and intra-cranial stenting. Management of blood pressure abnormalities with parenteral vasoactive agents. Completion of complex neurological assessments|scales.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current Oregon RN license required by date of hire.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
Minimum of 18 months continuous experience working on an Intensive Care unit within an acute care facility within the last 3 years
Must function independently with more advanced treatments, procedures and equipment such as stable ventilated patients, central lines, and arterial pressure lines.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patients needs.
ACLS, TNCC, and NIHSS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire
Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient|family centered work environment.
Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures.
Basic computer skills.