Rush Health Systems
Seeking IM Physician to join our Established Hospitalist team at Rush Hospital in MS
- Established team of 5 physicians.
- 215-Bed Hospital with closed 23 bed ICU and specialists within the system.
- Full time consists of 14 twelve-hour shifts per month.
- Double coverage during the day; single coverage at night.
- Not required to be in house the whole time during shift; admissions are rotated between the providers
- Census: During day 15-19 patients per physician per shift and approximately 6-8 admissions. Night census 6-8 admits/consults.
- Rate of $140 per hour for day shift; $150 an hour for night shift. Plus wRVU model.
- Eligible to participate in a quality based incentive bonus program, paid quarterly.
- Shift times: 6 am to 6 pm; 6 pm to 6 am.
- 7 on/7 off Block Scheduling.
- Good specialty backup including 3 Intensivists.
- Duties include admissions, consults, discharges, and inpatient rounds: ICU rounds and procedures required during nights.
- BC required with ACLS and BLS certification.
- Currently utilizing telemedicine in our Critical Access Hospitals.
- Hospitalists are not the code runners; ED does this.
- Affiliation with Ochsner Health System recently announced.
- Implementation of EPIC to begin this year, with go live date of Spring 2021.
- New young administration that directly supports our physicians.
- Rapidly growing system with the addition of over 20 new physicians in the last two years.
- Teaching opportunities for local residency program.
- Full medical malpractice insurance, plus reporting endorsement (tail coverage).
- Full Time Employee benefits provided by Rush, including:
- Health and Dental insurance (Employer/Employee Contribution).
- Disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) & Association dues reimbursement up to $3,750 per year.
- Reimbursement for relevant medical licensure, dues and appropriate subscriptions.
- Relocation expenses up to $10,000.
Locum dates available11.05.2020
Street1314 19th Avenue